Discarded Smoking Material Cause of Columbia House Fire
Discarded smoking materials is the cause of a Columbia residential fire yesterday (Sunday) afternoon.
Columbia Fire Department went to a house at 1701 Cliff Drive just after 2:30.
All of the occupants of the house were home at the time of the fire and escaped safely.
About twenty thousand dollars in damages is being reported.
KWWR Sports Report 1/14/22 The Mexico Bulldogs boys basketball team will put their undefeated record on the line tonight (Friday) when they play the Hickman Kewpies on the road. The Bulldogs have started the season off at 10-0. The Kewpies are 9-4. Tipoff is set at 7:30. The Mexico Lady Bulldogs lost 63-55 to the…Continue Reading
Community R-VI Boys and Girls Basketball With Wins Over Madison Both the Community R-VI Trojans and the Community R-VI Lady Trojans basketball teams picked up wins over Madison on Tuesday night. The Community R-VI Lady Trojans defeated the Madison Lady Panthers 62-8. Community Leaders: Olivia Kuda 16 pts. 6 rebs., Alexis Welch 12 pts., Sarah…Continue Reading
KWWR Sports Report 1/13/22 The Mexico Lady Bulldogs basketball team will be on the road tonight (Thursday) to face the Hallsville Indians in a non-conference game. Junior varsity tips at 6pm with the varsity game to follow. The Mexico High School boys and girls wrestling teams competed at the Hannibal High School last night (Wednesday).…Continue Reading
Audrain County Health Department Releases Weekly COVID-19 Numbers The COVID-19 numbers are increasing in Audrain County according to the weekly report from the Audrain County Health Department released this afternoon (Wednesday). There are currently 108 active cases in Audrain County. That is up by 28 from last week when there were 80 active cases reported.…Continue Reading