Jefferson City Structure Fire

Careless disposal of smoking materials the cause of a fire at a residence in Jefferson City last (Monday) night.

According to the Jefferson City Fire Department the fire was at the back of the house in the 100 block of Bolton Drive.

The fire was quickly knocked out and the crew found 4 cats on the 2nd floor of the building and 1 cat on the first floor.

Three cats were initially very lethargic and the other 2 were unconscious, however after resuscitation efforts all cats survived.

No people were injured in the fire.