Jefferson City House Fire

One hundred thousand dollars in damages estimated to a Jefferson City home after a fire overnight.

According to the Jefferson City Fire Department it happened in the 1000 block of Las Brisas Court.

All occupants were able to escape without injury.

The cause of the fire is being ruled as accidental as a result of discarding ashes from an outdoor cooking device that smoldered and rekindled causing the fire on the back deck of the home.

The house suffered serious damage to the interior and the roof.

One adult and four children were displaced due to the fire.