Revised Health Orders Announced in Columbia and Boone County
Boone County and Columbia is announcing new COVID-19 related restrictions this morning (Friday).
- Restaurants and bars serving alcohol are required to stop serving alcohol at 9pm and shall close no later than 10pm. Restaurants that do not serve alcohol are not required to close at 10pm.
- Restaurants and bars serving alcohol may conduct curbside pickup and delivery of food items only after 10pm.
- Entertainment venues are required to close at 10pm. Any entertainment venue that serves alcohol must stop serving alcohol at 9pm. Entertainment venues can continue to operate with 100 people or less, provided an operational plan has been submitted to PHHS. In addition, they must meet the following requirements:
-Dance floors at entertainment venues shall be closed for dancing. Owners may repurpose the dance floor for table seating or other authorized uses if approved by PHHS in an Operational Plan.
-All food and beverage at an entertainment venue must be consumed while seated.
-Table seating shall be limited to a mximum of ten people per table. Tables must be socially distanced.
-Any person at an entertainment venue who is not seated must comply with Face Mask Requirements.
- All public and private gatherings not described within these orders are limited to 20 people or less. Social distancing and face mask requirements must be observed at all gatherings.
- Any large group gathering or event held at a business or intitution open to the public is limited to 50% occupancy or 100 people, whichever is less. This includes events in hotels, conference/event centers, places of worship, etc.
- All business establishments are strongly encouraged to operate at a capacity less than otherwise permitted to allow for more distancing within the establishment. Businesses are also encouraged to provide services remotely or in a manner maximizing social distancing such as curbside, pickup, delivery, etc.
- Masks required within Columbia city limits. Masks are strongly encouraged within Boone County.
PHHS encourages everyone to review these orders in their entirety. Additional information can be found by emailing coronavirus@CoMo.gov for general questions.
The new orders go into effect at noon today (Friday) and expire on September 17th, barring any extensions or prior rescinding.