Jefferson City House Fire

Jefferson City Fire Department is reporting a structure fire yesterday (Friday) afternoon in the 1500 block of Adams Street. It was determined to be accidental in nature, caused by careless disposal of smoking materials.

The home sustained fire damage to a bedroom, the kitchen and the front porch, with significant damage throughout the house.

The occupants were able to get out safely and the American Red Cross was contacted to assist the family with temporary shelter.