KWWR Sports Report 9/4/21
In week 2 of Friday Night Lights for area High School Football:
- State ranked Mexico Bulldogs with a 37-7 win over Southern Boone
- Boonville defeated Holden 13-6
- Bowling Green shut out Palmyra 45-0
- Capital City loses to Center 35-6
- California over Fulton 47-21
- Hallsville 46, Centralia 12
- Helias took out Hickman 41-6
- Rock Bridge with a 50-0 shut out over Sedalia Smith Cotton
- Hannibal 40 Jefferson City 13
- Kirksville loses to Chillicothe 34-14
- Montgomery County defeats Louisiana 41-13
- Duchesne outlasts Macon 21-14
- Highland shut out the Missouri Military Academy 61-0
- Moberly loses to Osage 25-13
- Monroe City big over Winfield 46-15
- North Callaway defeated rival South Callaway 26-6
- Paris lost to Salisbury 28-20
Faurot Field in Columbia will return to full capacity today (Saturday) as the Missouri Tigers host the season opener against the Central Michigan University.
This season is the first time since 2019 that Faurot Field has allowed fans to fill up the stadium to its full capacity.
Kickoff is at 3.
The St. Louis Cardinals put on a home run derby with a 15-4 bashing of the Milwaukee Brewers last night (Friday).
Nolan Arenado hit 2 homers, Harrison Bader, Tyler O’Neill and Edmundo Sosa each hit bombs, and Yadier Molina hit a grand slam.
With the win the Cardinals are just 1 and 1/2 games back of the Cincinnati Reds for the second Wild Card spot.
The Kansas City Royals picked up a 7-2 win over the Chicago White Sox.