KWWR Sports Report 9/24/21
The Mexico Bulldogs Football Team will host the Hannibal Pirates at Hawthorne Heights for Homecoming 2021 tonight (Friday).
Both teams come into the game undefeated at 4-0 and state ranked.
Week 5 high school games:
- Blair Oaks Falcons (3-1) at Versailles (1-3)
- Boonville Pirates (3-1) at California Pintos (3-1)
- Bowling Green Bobcats (3-0) vs Mark Twain Tigers (4-0)
- Capital City Cavaliers (0-4) at Jefferson City Jays (1-3)
- Centralia Panthers (1-3) vs Clark County Indians (1-3)
- Columbia Hickman Kewpies (1-3) vs Sedalia Smith Cotton Tigers (1-3)
- Columbia Rock Bridge (3-1) vs Helias Crusaders (3-1)
- Eldon Mustangs (2-2) vs Southern Boone Eagles (1-3)
- Fulton Hornets (0-3) vs Moberly Spartans (0-3)
- Hallsville Indians (4-0) vs School of the Osage Indians (2-2)
- Harrisburg Bulldogs (4-0) vs Sweet Springs with Malta Blend (2-2)
- Herman Bearcats (2-2) vs Owensville Dutchmen (4-0)
- Kirksville Tigers (2-2) vs Marshall Owls (0-3)
- Louisiana Bulldogs (1-3) vs Van-Far Indians (0-4)
- Macon Tigers (2-2) vs Brookfield Bulldogs (1-3)
- Missouri Military Academy Colonels (0-4) vs Confluence Prep Academy Charter with Grand Center Arts Charter (0-1)
- Monroe City Panthers (4-0) vs Palmyra Panthers (2-2)
- Montgomery County Wildcats (2-2) vs South Callaway Bulldogs (2-2)
- North Callaway Thunderbirds (3-0) vs Strafford Indians (2-1)
- Paris Coyotes (1-3) vs Marceline Tigers (3-1)
- South Shelby Cardinals (2-2) vs Highland (0-1)
The Community R6 Lady Trojans Softball Team secured their 3rd consecutive Central Activities Conference Championship with a 12-3 victory over Madison last night (Thursday).
Head Coach Kody Asquith says the team had several base hits, multiple doubles, and good amount of smart, aggressive base running in last night’s win.
The Mexico Girls Softball Team lost 11-4 to a tough Father Tolton team on the road last night (Thursday).
Jordyn Thurman struck out four.
Mexico put up nine hits in the game.
Taylor DeMint, Riley Thurman, and Madeline Williams all collected multiple hits for Mexico.
The St. Louis Cardinals completed a series sweep of the Milwaukee Brewers yesterday (Thursday) with an 8-5 victory.
The Redbirds would trail 5-0 in the game.
Paul Goldschmidt hit 2 home runs in the comeback.
It was the 12 consecutive win for the Redbirds, which is the clubs longest winning streak since April 12th through 24th in 1982.
The Cardinals now have a 4 1/2 game lead for the second Wild Card spot and get set to play a double header against the Chicago Cubs at Wrigley Field today.