KWWR Sports Report 10/23/21
The Mexico Bulldogs finished the final week of the regular season strong with a 60-14 win over Warrenton on the road last night (Friday). Michael White scored 3 rushing touchdowns and finished with 125 yards on the ground. Ty Sims put up 150 yards rushing with 2 scores. Andrew Runge had 57 yards rushing and a touchdown. And Anthony Shivers with 72 yards rushing in the game with 2 touchdowns. Mexico’s offense finished with 471 yards. The Bulldogs defense forced 3 turnovers including interceptions from Andrew Runge, Matt McCurdy and a 65 yard pick six from Michael White. The Bulldogs defense held Warrenton scoreless in the second half. Mexico finishes the regular season at 7-2 and have earned a first round bye in Districts.
Area High School Football Scores:
- Blair Oaks dominated Osage 71-43
- Hallsville completed their undefeated season by outlasting Boonville 36-30
- Bowling Green finishes the regular season undefeated taking out Cardinal Ritter 24-20
- California winners over Southern Boone 66-39
- Kirksville 28 Capital City 6
- Centralia shut out Palmyra 12-0
- Hannibal goes undefeated in the regular season with a 42-26 victory over Battle
- Francis Howell shut out Rock Bridge 30-0
- Eldon in a squeaker 42-41 against Versailles
- Fulton loses to Malta Bend 37-7
- Marceline 30 Harrisburg 16
- Helias blasted Vianney 47-9
- Jefferson City wins 50 to 37 over Ft. Zumwalt West
- Mark Twain 40 Louisiana 13
- Macon beats Clark County 54-30
- Mexico secured a number one seed in their District bracket with a 60-14 victory against Warrenton
- Salisbury shuts out MMA 50-0
- Troy Buchanan 48-14 over Moberly
- Monroe City defeats Highland 54-22
- Montgomery County picks up a win on the road against North Callaway 32-16
- Westran shuts out Paris 35-0
- South Callaway bests Wright City 27-8
- Van-Far loses to Scotland County 58-26
The St. Louis Blues will play their home opener tonight (Saturday) when they play the Los Angeles Kings.
The Blues have started the season off 3-0.
Puck drops tonight at 7.
The Houston Astros punched their ticket to the World Series after defeating the Boston Red Sox 5-0 last night (Friday).
The Atlanta Braves could close out the Los Angeles Dodgers in game 6 of the National League Championship Series tonight.
First pitch is at 7:08.
More In Sports
- Night of Firsts for Mexico Lady Bulldogs Basketball Team Against Fulton in Montgomery County TournamentNight of Firsts for Mexico Lady Bulldogs Basketball Team Against…Continue Reading
- KWWR Sports Report 11/29/23KWWR Sports Report 11/29/23 The Mexico Bulldogs boys basketball team…Continue Reading
- KWWR Sports Report 11/27/23KWWR Sports Report 11/27/23 For the first time since the…Continue Reading
- KWWR Sports Report 11/17/23KWWR Sports Report 11/17/23 The high school football playoffs are…Continue Reading
- KWWR Sports Report 11/15/23KWWR Sports Report 11/15/23 The Mizzou football team broke the…Continue Reading
- KWWR Sports Report 11/8/23KWWR Sports Report 11/8/23 The St. Louis Blues had their…Continue Reading