COVID in Decline, Marks 2 Year Anniversary
As mid-Missourians celebrated Spring this past weekend, many also took steps to heal from two years of loss and isolation. Last Friday marked the second anniversary of Boone County’s first COVID-19 death. Since that time, the virus has killed 222 people in the Columbia area, 139 of them in the past 12 months.
Meanwhile, MU Health Care is further relaxing restrictions on hospital visitors and visiting hours as COVID-19 cases continue to decline.
Effective today (Monday, March 21), adult and pediatric inpatients at University Hospital, Missouri Orthopedic Institute and Women’s Hospital can have two visitors per patient room at a time. In addition, two designated visitors will be permitted for adult patients diagnosed with COVID-19.
All visitors are still required to wear a mask.
Visiting hours will now be offered each day from 8am – 9pm at all facilities except Missouri Psychiatric Center, where the hours are 4pm – 8pm daily.
More In COVID-19
- Boone Health Warns That COVID Vigilance Must Remain StrongBoone Health Warns That COVID Vigilance Must Remain Strong Dr.…Continue Reading
- COVID Vaccine With Broader Effect Approved and AvailableCOVID Vaccine With Broader Effect Approved and Available After review,…Continue Reading
- More Traditional Type of COVID Vaccine Available by AppointmentMore Traditional Type of COVID Vaccine Available by Appointment MU…Continue Reading
- Mizzou Researchers Say COVID Shots Likely to Become Annual EventMizzou Researchers Say COVID Shots Likely to Become Annual Event…Continue Reading
- COVID Cases Show Recent Rise in Boone County, Audrain SteadyCOVID Cases Show Recent Rise in Boone County, Audrain Steady…Continue Reading
- Coronavirus Rises Nationally, While Staying Low in Central MissouriCoronavirus Rises Nationally, While Staying Low in Central Missouri Coronavirus…Continue Reading
Most Recent News
- Mexico Woman Injured in Ralls County AccidentMexico Woman Injured in Ralls County Accident A Mexico woman…Continue Reading
- Paroled Felon Arrested for Shooting Into Fulton Bar & GrillParoled Felon Arrested for Shooting Into Fulton Bar & Grill…Continue Reading
- Mexico Bulldogs Boys Clinch Tie for North Central Missouri Conference Championship While Mexico Lady Bulldogs Lose Heartbreaker in FultonMexico Bulldogs Boys Clinch Tie for North Central Missouri Conference…Continue Reading
- KWWR Sports Report 2/13/24KWWR Sports Report 2/13/24 The Mexico Bulldogs boys and girls…Continue Reading
- Two Men From Bowling Green Injured Following Head-On Collision in Pike CountyTwo Men From Bowling Green Injured Following Head-On Collision in…Continue Reading
- KWWR Sports Report 2/12/24KWWR Sports Report 2/12/24 The Kansas City Chiefs are back-to-back…Continue Reading