MoDOT Announces Highway 19 Roadwork in Multiple Counties
MoDOT is announcing a pair of road resurfacing projects in Pike and Ralls counties that also includes improvements near Mark Twain Schools outside of Center.
Starting Monday, weather permitting, contractors will begin a resurfacing project on three disconnected portions of Highway 61 in Pike and Ralls counties from just south of Highway 19 to a half mile south of Route UU near Bowling Green.
That work will all happen during daylight hours by Magruder Paving LLC.
Also beginning next week is a corridor improvement project in front of Mark Twain High School on Highway 19 near Center.
The work will create a center turn lane for the school between Bus Barn Road and Mark Twain Road.
The work is expected to be complete in May.
In early summer, Highway 19 will be resurfaced from Highway 61 in Ralls County to Route J at Basinger Corner in Audrain County.
Emery Sapp & Sons is the contractor the those eleven million dollar projects.
A several months long closure of the south outer road / Tree Farm Road at New Florence is expected to begin Monday.
Monday & Tuesday next week and all of the following week, Highway 19 south of I-70 will be reduced to one lane for shoulder widening and pavement work.
Also beginning Monday, Highway 19 north of I-70 will be reduced to one lane for the week while shoulder widening takes place.
Flaggers will be in place for traffic control.
Motorists will also experience periodic lane closures along I-70 between mile markers 174 and 176 for concrete placement and moving of equipment as the Highway 19 bridge over I-70 is replaced and double roundabouts are built at the interchange.
Most Recent News
- Mexico/Fulton Hospitals Bankruptcy Hearing UpdateMexico/Fulton Hospitals Bankruptcy Hearing Update Ziva Medical will have to…Continue Reading
- KWWR Sports Report 9/20/23KWWR Sports Report 9/20/23 In hockey news the St. Louis…Continue Reading
- Fulton Man and Woman Moderately Injured in Callaway County AccidentFulton Man and Woman Moderately Injured in Callaway County Accident…Continue Reading
- KWWR Sports Report 9/19/23KWWR Sports Report 9/19/23 Cardinals starting pitcher Adam Wainwright reached…Continue Reading
- KWWR Sports Report 9/15/23KWWR Sports Report 9/15/23 The Mexico Bulldogs Football Team will…Continue Reading
- Audrain County Healthcare Market Assessment and Needs Study Results Shared During Public Meeting in MexicoAudrain County Healthcare Market Assessment and Needs Study Results Shared…Continue Reading
- KWWR Sports Report 9/14/23KWWR Sports Report 9/14/23 The St. Louis Cardinals defeated the…Continue Reading
- Centralia Teen Injured in Boone County Accident Where Car Became Fully Engulfed in FlamesCentralia Teen Injured in Boone County Accident Where Car Became…Continue Reading