Missouri Regulators Approve Grain Belt Express’s Tiger Connector
Missouri Public Service Commission gave approval to one of the nation’s largest renewable energy projects, a high-voltage power line delivering wind energy from the Midwest To a power grid for eastern states.
The Commission approved Grain Belt Express’s Tiger Connector amendment on Wednesday.
The amendment allows Grain Belt to relocate the Missouri converter station to Monroe County from Ralls County, increasing the capacity of the converter station from 500 megawatts to 2,500 megawatts, and relocate the Tiger Connector AC connecting line from Ralls County to Monroe, Audrain and Callaway Counties.
The Tiger Connector will extend roughly 40 miles from the converter station in Monroe County south through Audrain and end at the McCredie Substation in Callaway County.
Missouri Farm Bureau President Garret Hawkins issue a statement saying “We’re once again disappointed in the PSC’s decision to dismiss the rights of Missouri landowners and rural residents in favor of Invenergy’s Grain Belt Express (GBE) project.
In approving GBE’s “Tiger Connector” amendment, the commission is putting a lot of faith in the company to do the right thing, when they have a track record of failing to do so time and time again. This ruling, once again, underscores the need for PSC modernization and stronger landowner protections.
It is simply wrong that landowners along Invenergy’s proposed route are forced to sell their land at a time – and to a buyer – not of their choosing, to forever host a line they do not want.”
Most Recent News
- Fulton Woman and Montgomery City Man Charged With Drug TraffickingFulton Woman and Montgomery City Man Charged With Drug Trafficking…Continue Reading
- KWWR Sports Report 12/5/23KWWR Sports Report 12/5/23 The Mexico Bulldogs boys and girls…Continue Reading
- KWWR Sports Report 12/4/23KWWR Sports Report 12/4/23 Ninth-ranked Missouri football will play the…Continue Reading
- Mexico Bulldogs Boys Basketball Conquers Montgomery County to Claim 2023 Montgomery County Tournament ChampionshipMexico Bulldogs Boys Basketball Conquers Montgomery County to Claim 2023…Continue Reading
- One Adult and One Juvenile Arrested in Connection to Man Found Shot to Death in VandaliaOne Adult and One Juvenile Arrested in Connection to Man…Continue Reading
- Active Investigation Underway by Audrain County Sheriff’s Office After Man Found Dead With Gunshot Wounds in VandaliaActive Investigation Underway by Audrain County Sheriff’s Office After Man…Continue Reading
- Night of Firsts for Mexico Lady Bulldogs Basketball Team Against Fulton in Montgomery County TournamentNight of Firsts for Mexico Lady Bulldogs Basketball Team Against…Continue Reading
- KWWR Sports Report 11/29/23KWWR Sports Report 11/29/23 The Mexico Bulldogs boys basketball team…Continue Reading