Two separate fires are being reported in Jefferson City last (Wednesday) night.
The Jefferson City Fire Department went to Candlelight Drive before 7pm where there was a fire in an upper story apartment.
Jefferson City Fire Department says the cause was due to unattended cooking, no injuries.
The American Red Cross is assisting the residents.
Jefferson City Fire Department also responded to a trash receptacle on fire located on the exterior of a building in the 2200 block of Missouri Boulevard.
Minimal damage was reported. The fire was ruled accidental and believed to have been caused by improperly smoking material.
No injuries reported.