KWWR Sports Report 9/25
The Mexico Bulldogs football team will face their toughest challenge of the season yet tonight when they travel to Hannibal taking on the Pirates.
Mexico comes into the game 2-1 and 1-0 in the North Central Missouri Conference while Hannibal is 3-0 and 1-0 in the NCMC.
Kick off is at 7.
Other matchups in week 5 of the high school football season include:
- Blair Oaks Falcons try to remain undefeated with a road trip to Eldon.
- Boonville is at home against California.
- Bowling Green Bobcats host Mark Twain.
- It’s the Jefferson City Bowl when the Jefferson City Jays take on the Capital City Cavaliers.
- The Centralia Panthers looking to go 5-0 when they face Clark County.
- South Callaway gets Clopton-Elsberry.
- Hickman and Smith Cotton.
- Rock Bridge at Helias.
- Fulton Hornets host the undefeated Moberly Spartans.
- Hallsville vs. Osage.
- Marshall Military Academy at home against Confluence Prep Academy.
- Monroe City at Palmyra.
- Wright City hosts Montgomery County.
- North Callaway hosts Strafford.
- Paris Coyotes at home against Marceline.
The Mexico Lady Bulldogs softball picked up their 3rd consecutive win last night 8-6 over Father Tolton.
Abby Bellamy broke the long ball yet again along with 3 RBI.
Taylor DeMint produced a big 2 RBI hit late in the game.
Jordyn Thurman allowed 5 hits on 6 innings pitched, and Eboni Mayfield closed the game for the save.
Mexico went undefeated this week and improved their record to 11-7.
The Lady Dogs are back at it on Monday, when they host Kirksville.
The Community R-6 Lady Trojans shut out Madison 10-0.
Emma Angel was the winning pitcher striking out 7 in a 1 hitter.
Olivia Schafer went 3-3, Sarah Angel was 2-3 and Alexis Welch was 2-4.
The Lady Trojans are 9-2 on the year.
The St. Louis Cardinals defeated the Milwaukee Brewers 4-2 last night at Busch Stadium and Yadier Molina also notched a major milestone.
Molina collected his 2,000th career hit.
Despite not having fans in the stands, there were a few that showed up outside of Busch Stadium, peering through the center-field gates and chanting Yadi over the piped in crowd noise.
With the win the Cardinals took sole possession of second place in the National League Central, a half game ahead of the Cincinnati Reds who were off yesterday.
The Kansas City Royals defeated the Detroit Tigers 8-7.
In the NFL last night (Thursday) the Miami Dolphins defeated the Jacksonville Jaguars 31-13.