House Fire in Columbia Causes Over Two Hundred Thousand Dollars in Estimated Damage

Over two hundred thousand dollars in damage is estimated following a house fire in Columbia on Saturday night.

According to Columbia Fire Department they responded to the home at 4608 Blackford Court and found flames had consumed the entire attic and roof.

According to investigators the fire started in a side yard from improperly discarded ashes from a fire pit and moved up an external wall of the home.

No injuries were reported.