Mexico Public Safety Responds to Kitchen Fire on South Calhoun

Light smoke damage is being reported after a house fire in Mexico yesterday afternoon (Monday).

Mexico Public Safety responded to the fire around 12:16 in the 1300 block of South Calhoun and found that some young children were attempting to use the stove unsupervised and caught some items that were sitting around the stove on fire.

The burning items were extinguished and removed from the kitchen.

The stove and surrounding cabinets suffered moderate fire damage.

There were no injuries from the incident.