Mexico Board of Education Fills Vacant Seat During Special Session
The Mexico Board of Education has appointed Dr. Tom Allen to fill a vacant position created by Dustin Pascoe’s resignation last month.
Dr. Thomas Allen was appointed by the board in unanimous decision during a special session tonight (Monday) at Central Office.
He is a 1984 alumni of Mexico High School and retired from public education in July, 2019.
Allen spent 14 years as a superintendent, with the last 8 years in the Sullivan School District.
He also worked as a Guidance Counselor for 8 years and coached football and wrestling.
Dr. Allen is currently the head wrestling coach at the Missouri Military Academy.
Allen has been appointed to serve on the board until April when an election will be held for the seat.
More In Audrain County
- Two Teens Arrested in Mexico for Tampering With a Motor VehicleTwo Teens Arrested in Mexico for Tampering With a Motor…Continue Reading
- Damage Reported to Railroad Underpass in Three Vehicle Accident in MexicoDamage Reported to Railroad Underpass in Three Vehicle Accident in…Continue Reading
- Miss America Send Off Party Planned for Miss Missouri Callie CoxMiss America Send Off Party Planned for Miss Missouri Callie…Continue Reading
- United Credit Union Fourth Annual Tree LightingUnited Credit Union Fourth Annual Tree Lighting The 4th annual…Continue Reading
- Mexico Bulldogs End Season at Semifinals of High School Football PlayoffsMexico Bulldogs End Season at Semifinals of High School Football…Continue Reading
- Audrain County Health Department Releases Weekly COVID-19 Testing NumbersAudrain County Health Department Releases Weekly COVID-19 Testing Numbers Audrain…Continue Reading