Missouri Ranks Above National Average In Female Farmers
Missouri is ranking above the national average when it comes to the number of female farmers in the state.
According to a recent report by Commodity.com, the percentage of farmers in the U.S. that are women is 36.1.
In Missouri, women make up 36.2% of all producers and 57.3% of Missouri farms have at least one female producer, above the national average of 55.8%.
Between 2012 and 2017, the number of female farm producers grew by more then 250,000 nationwide while the number of male producers declined by nearly 40,000 over the same time frame.
Most Recent News
- Fulton Woman and Montgomery City Man Charged With Drug TraffickingFulton Woman and Montgomery City Man Charged With Drug Trafficking The following press release was…Continue Reading
- KWWR Sports Report 12/5/23KWWR Sports Report 12/5/23 The Mexico Bulldogs boys and girls basketball teams will be back…Continue Reading
- KWWR Sports Report 12/4/23KWWR Sports Report 12/4/23 Ninth-ranked Missouri football will play the Ohio State Buckeyes in the…Continue Reading
- Mexico Bulldogs Boys Basketball Conquers Montgomery County to Claim 2023 Montgomery County Tournament ChampionshipMexico Bulldogs Boys Basketball Conquers Montgomery County to Claim 2023 Montgomery County Tournament Championship The…Continue Reading
- One Adult and One Juvenile Arrested in Connection to Man Found Shot to Death in VandaliaOne Adult and One Juvenile Arrested in Connection to Man Found Shot to Death in…Continue Reading
- Active Investigation Underway by Audrain County Sheriff’s Office After Man Found Dead With Gunshot Wounds in VandaliaActive Investigation Underway by Audrain County Sheriff’s Office After Man Found Dead With Gunshot Wounds…Continue Reading