Funding for Broadband Projects Announced
The Missouri Department of Economic Development is awarding a total of $261 million through the ARPA Broadband Infrastructure Grant Program to fund projects across Missouri.
Ten projects from Chariton Valley Communication Corporation in Marion, Macon, Monroe, Ralls & Shelby counties is awarded nearly 43-and-a-half million dollars.
Gateway Infrastructure is getting roughly 25-and-a-half million for projects in Lincoln & Warren counties while Mark Twain Lake Communication Company will get just over $5 million for projects in Shelby County.
Montgomery County has a project from New Florence Telephone Company getting funded for just over a million dollars and Socket Telecom is getting just over $2.5 million for a Boone County project.
Statewide, the funding is expected to create more than 55,000 connection in locations that previously lacked adequate internet access.
Most Recent News
- Night of Firsts for Mexico Lady Bulldogs Basketball Team Against Fulton in Montgomery County TournamentNight of Firsts for Mexico Lady Bulldogs Basketball Team Against…Continue Reading
- KWWR Sports Report 11/29/23KWWR Sports Report 11/29/23 The Mexico Bulldogs boys basketball team…Continue Reading
- Thousands of Dollars in Damage Estimated After Fulton House FireThousands of Dollars in Damage Estimated After Fulton House Fire…Continue Reading
- Moser’s Foods to be Acquired by Holts Summit Based CompanyMoser’s Foods to be Acquired by Holts Summit Based Company…Continue Reading
- Missouri Military Academy Mourning the Off-Campus Death of Freshman Cadet Taylor LaffertyMissouri Military Academy Mourning the Off-Campus Death of Freshman Cadet…Continue Reading
- Fulton Woman Taken to Hospital With Serious Injuries in St. Genevieve County CrashFulton Woman Taken to Hospital With Serious Injuries in St.…Continue Reading
- KWWR Sports Report 11/27/23KWWR Sports Report 11/27/23 For the first time since the…Continue Reading
- Callaway County Prosecutor Dismisses Charges in Auxvasse Shooting CaseCallaway County Prosecutor Dismisses Charges in Auxvasse Shooting Case Charges…Continue Reading