Van-Far Ambulance District Provides Update on Crew Members Seriously Injured on July 4th
Two Van-Far Ambulance District crew members seriously injured in a head on collision remain hospitalized in Columbia.
The Van-Far Ambulance District announced yesterday (Sunday) that EMT Leslie Dahl and paramedic Jason Bostic are in stable condition.
Dahl and Bostic were seriously injured in a July 4th accident when an SUV driven by 43-year-old Terri Rucker hit the ambulance they were driving head on.
The crash killed Rucker.
Dahl is in the intensive care unit, according to the district. She suffered injuries to her spleen and lungs and fractures to both legs and her pelvis and is now breathing on her own after spending several days on life support and a ventilator.
According to the district, her recovery time is expected to be extensive.
Bostic is listed in serious but stable condition and has been moved to an orthopedic rehabilitation center to start physical therapy. He suffered multiple fractures in both legs and arms and has undergone multiple surgeries, according to the ambulance district.
Doctors have estimated his recovery time at 18 months according to the district.
Several community benefits have been set up to support Dahl and Bostic.
July 17th – BBQ at the Bar Code Parking Lot Hosted by White Rose Missionary Baptist Church from Bowling Green.
July 29th – 30th – 50/50 Raffle & Silent Auction by Shoot 4 the Stars Karaoke/DJ at the Bar Code Bar and Grill.
August 26th – Poker Run Bar Code Bar and Grill.
Most Recent News
- Night of Firsts for Mexico Lady Bulldogs Basketball Team Against Fulton in Montgomery County TournamentNight of Firsts for Mexico Lady Bulldogs Basketball Team Against…Continue Reading
- KWWR Sports Report 11/29/23KWWR Sports Report 11/29/23 The Mexico Bulldogs boys basketball team…Continue Reading
- Thousands of Dollars in Damage Estimated After Fulton House FireThousands of Dollars in Damage Estimated After Fulton House Fire…Continue Reading
- Moser’s Foods to be Acquired by Holts Summit Based CompanyMoser’s Foods to be Acquired by Holts Summit Based Company…Continue Reading
- Missouri Military Academy Mourning the Off-Campus Death of Freshman Cadet Taylor LaffertyMissouri Military Academy Mourning the Off-Campus Death of Freshman Cadet…Continue Reading
- Fulton Woman Taken to Hospital With Serious Injuries in St. Genevieve County CrashFulton Woman Taken to Hospital With Serious Injuries in St.…Continue Reading
- KWWR Sports Report 11/27/23KWWR Sports Report 11/27/23 For the first time since the…Continue Reading
- Callaway County Prosecutor Dismisses Charges in Auxvasse Shooting CaseCallaway County Prosecutor Dismisses Charges in Auxvasse Shooting Case Charges…Continue Reading