Callaway County Sheriff’s Office Arrests Undocumented Immigrant for Possession of Fentanyl After Stolen Vehicle Pursuit
The Callaway County Sheriff’s Office is reporting the arrest of an undocumented immigrant after a stolen vehicle and foot pursuit yesterday morning (Sunday).
According to the news release a deputy observed a stolen Honda Civic traveling eastbound on I-70 near the 143 mile marker.
The driver led the deputy on a pursuit along I-70, when other deputies joined in the pursuit near Kingdom City.
The vehicle stopped in the 6900 block of State Road Z, where the driver identified as Juan Gonzales-Silvia fled on foot around a house while carrying a backpack.
K9 Kreiger was deployed and the man was arrested.
During a search of the backpack deputies say they found counterfeit M30 OxyContin pills, which were later determined to be Fentanyl and a loaded defaced firearm.
Additionally, Fentanyl pills were located inside the vehicle, and in total, 89 Fentanyl pills were recovered.
Gonzales-Silvia had a fictitious driver’s license and a portable fingerprint scanner identified him as Juan Gonzales-Silvia. At the time, Gonzales-Silvia had felony nationwide extradition warrants with NO BOND for charges of:
- Unlawful Use of a Weapon
- (2 Counts) Menacing
- (2 Counts) Pointing a Firearm at Another
- Attempt to Commit a Class C / Unclassified Felony
- Assault in the Fourth Degree
- (2 Counts) Carrying a Concealed Weapon
- Unlawful Possession of Methamphetamine
- Possession of Prohibited Firearms of Silencer
- (4 Counts) Recklessly Endangering Another Person
- Attempt to Commit a Class A Felony
According to online records, Gonzales-Silvia was released on his own recognizance in Oregon in 2020.
Most Recent News
- One Adult and One Juvenile Arrested in Connection to Man Found Shot to Death in VandaliaOne Adult and One Juvenile Arrested in Connection to Man…Continue Reading
- Active Investigation Underway by Audrain County Sheriff’s Office After Man Found Dead With Gunshot Wounds in VandaliaActive Investigation Underway by Audrain County Sheriff’s Office After Man…Continue Reading
- Night of Firsts for Mexico Lady Bulldogs Basketball Team Against Fulton in Montgomery County TournamentNight of Firsts for Mexico Lady Bulldogs Basketball Team Against…Continue Reading
- KWWR Sports Report 11/29/23KWWR Sports Report 11/29/23 The Mexico Bulldogs boys basketball team…Continue Reading
- Thousands of Dollars in Damage Estimated After Fulton House FireThousands of Dollars in Damage Estimated After Fulton House Fire…Continue Reading
- Moser’s Foods to be Acquired by Holts Summit Based CompanyMoser’s Foods to be Acquired by Holts Summit Based Company…Continue Reading
- Missouri Military Academy Mourning the Off-Campus Death of Freshman Cadet Taylor LaffertyMissouri Military Academy Mourning the Off-Campus Death of Freshman Cadet…Continue Reading
- Fulton Woman Taken to Hospital With Serious Injuries in St. Genevieve County CrashFulton Woman Taken to Hospital With Serious Injuries in St.…Continue Reading