Public Invited to Informational Meeting on Conceptual Study of U.S. Route 54
The public is invited to attend public information meetings on an update of a conceptual study of U.S. Route 54 corridor improvements between Mexico and Louisiana.
The study began last summer after being added to Missouri’s statewide transportation improvement plan.
The Missouri Department of Transportation has contracted with Bartlett & West as the lead consultant, along with the sub-consultants Klingner and Associates and Hg Consult, Inc.
Two public informational meetings are currently scheduled as follows:
- Tuesday, October 17, from 4-6pm at the Community R-VI School (Cafeteria)
- Wednesday, October 18, from 4-6pm at the Bowling Green High School (Auditorium)
These will be open house style meetings with no formal presentation. Individuals are welcome to stop by anytime during the meeting to visit with representatives from MoDOT and its consultants about the study.
Several displays showcasing the corridor study will be available.
All information shown at the public meeting will be available online beginning October 17 at U.S. Route 54 Environmental Impact Study in Ralls, Pike, and Audrain | Missouri Department of Transportation (modot.org).
The 55-mile segment of U.S. 54 in Ralls, Audrain and Pike counties has been evaluated and locations for passing lanes and/or shared four-lane improvements have been identified.
Although these segments can be constructed individually, the project is not currently funded therefore, a timeline for implementation has not been determined.
Segments identified for improvement opportunities will involve no direct impact to the existing roundabouts at Basinger and Scott’s Corners or municipalities, as all segments identified are not within city limits.
Expanding the bypass around Mexico to four lanes is included in the study but is not a high priority.
Most Recent News
- One Adult and One Juvenile Arrested in Connection to Man Found Shot to Death in VandaliaOne Adult and One Juvenile Arrested in Connection to Man…Continue Reading
- Active Investigation Underway by Audrain County Sheriff’s Office After Man Found Dead With Gunshot Wounds in VandaliaActive Investigation Underway by Audrain County Sheriff’s Office After Man…Continue Reading
- Night of Firsts for Mexico Lady Bulldogs Basketball Team Against Fulton in Montgomery County TournamentNight of Firsts for Mexico Lady Bulldogs Basketball Team Against…Continue Reading
- KWWR Sports Report 11/29/23KWWR Sports Report 11/29/23 The Mexico Bulldogs boys basketball team…Continue Reading
- Thousands of Dollars in Damage Estimated After Fulton House FireThousands of Dollars in Damage Estimated After Fulton House Fire…Continue Reading
- Moser’s Foods to be Acquired by Holts Summit Based CompanyMoser’s Foods to be Acquired by Holts Summit Based Company…Continue Reading
- Missouri Military Academy Mourning the Off-Campus Death of Freshman Cadet Taylor LaffertyMissouri Military Academy Mourning the Off-Campus Death of Freshman Cadet…Continue Reading
- Fulton Woman Taken to Hospital With Serious Injuries in St. Genevieve County CrashFulton Woman Taken to Hospital With Serious Injuries in St.…Continue Reading