MU Health Care Updates Public on Latest Developments With Omicron Variant
MU Health Care is updating the public on the latest developments with the COVID-19 omicron variant during a press conference yesterday afternoon (Monday).
According to vaccine co-chair Laura Morris when the new variant is detected in Missouri, we will hear from the state, and MU Health Care will be able to coordinate efforts for testing and for sequencing.
The omicron variant has 26 unique spike mutations, compared to 10 in the delta variant.
Morris stated that MU Health Care needs more time to see how patient’s symptoms play out with the new virus and expects the variant to be in the United States and Missouri sooner than later.
Most Recent News
- Boone County Health Officials Change COVID-19 ReportingBoone County Health Officials Change COVID-19 Reporting Columbia / Boone…Continue Reading
- Mexico High School Wrestlers Compete At Quad Meet In KirksvilleMexico High School Wrestlers Compete At Quad Meet In Kirksville…Continue Reading
- KWWR Sports Report 1/26/22KWWR Sports Report 1/26/22 The Mexico Lady Bulldogs will play…Continue Reading
- Ameren Missouri Offering Programs to Customers Struggling With Utility BillsAmeren Missouri Offering Programs to Customers Struggling With Utility Bills…Continue Reading
- Community R-VI Lady Trojans Defeat Paris Coyotes In Opening Round of Sturgeon TournamentCommunity R-VI Lady Trojans Defeat Paris Coyotes In Opening Round…Continue Reading
- KWWR Sports Report 1/25/22KWWR Sports Report 1/25/22 The Missouri Tigers men’s basketball team…Continue Reading