Steve Hobbs Named to Bank Of Missouri’s Central Region Advisory Board
The Bank of Missouri is welcoming Steve Hobbs as a new member of the bank’s Central Region Advisory Board.
It was announced in a press release sent out by the bank today (Tuesday).
The Bank of Missouri advisory board members serve as ambassadors in communities, advise regional bank leadership on opportunities and generally assist in connecting the bank with valuable events and relationships.
Hobbs is known locally for his service as Audrain County Commissioner from 2011-2021, prior to accepting his new role as Executive Director of the Missouri Association of Counties in September of 2021.
He was elected to the Missouri House of Representatives  in 2002, winning reelection in 2004; he represented parts of Audrain, Boone, Callaway and Monroe counties (District 21), and serving as Deputy Majority Whip.
He was born and raised in Mexico, MO., where he graduated from Mexico High School in 1978, and purchased his first farm in 1979.
Hobbs is currently president of Hobbs Farms, Inc., a farm he started with his father in 1997.
“Steve and his wife, Carolyn, have banked with The Bank of Missouri for more than 20 years and they’re both active in the communities surrounding Mexico and mid-Missouri,” Matt Gowin said, the Community Bank President in Mexico. “We’re fortunate to have them as part of our Bank of Missouri family.”
Hobbs is also a member of the Missouri Farm Bureau, of which he is former secretary/treasurer and legislative chair. He is a former president and chair of the Beef Advisory Board and is a member of the Mexico MFA Exchange Board, Audrain County Cattleman’s Board (past president), Mexico MFA Oil board, Missouri Beef Industry Council board, and the Soybean Association board. Both Steve and Carolyn Hobbs are members of Rush Hill Community Church.
The Bank of Missouri operates 30 branches across Missouri and has more than $2.4 billion in assets. With a 130-year reputation of community focused financial security, The Bank of Missouri stands strong as an independent community bank. Big enough to accommodate any financial need, yet small enough to give every customer the personal treatment they deserve, The Bank of Missouri helps customers Live Well, Bank Well.
Most Recent News
- One Adult and One Juvenile Arrested in Connection to Man Found Shot to Death in VandaliaOne Adult and One Juvenile Arrested in Connection to Man…Continue Reading
- Active Investigation Underway by Audrain County Sheriff’s Office After Man Found Dead With Gunshot Wounds in VandaliaActive Investigation Underway by Audrain County Sheriff’s Office After Man…Continue Reading
- Night of Firsts for Mexico Lady Bulldogs Basketball Team Against Fulton in Montgomery County TournamentNight of Firsts for Mexico Lady Bulldogs Basketball Team Against…Continue Reading
- KWWR Sports Report 11/29/23KWWR Sports Report 11/29/23 The Mexico Bulldogs boys basketball team…Continue Reading
- Thousands of Dollars in Damage Estimated After Fulton House FireThousands of Dollars in Damage Estimated After Fulton House Fire…Continue Reading
- Moser’s Foods to be Acquired by Holts Summit Based CompanyMoser’s Foods to be Acquired by Holts Summit Based Company…Continue Reading