Mexico Public Safety Responds to Four Fires Over Fourth of July Holiday Weekend
Mexico Public Safety responded to four separate fires over the Fourth of July holiday weekend.
The first fire happened Friday afternoon just before 3:30 in the 1200 block of South Jefferson.
Responding personnel found a fire outside of a house, near a basement window. The fire was put out with the building receiving minor damage.
The apparent cause was the careless disposal of smoking material.
Public Safety went to the 1300 block of Paris Road on Sunday afternoon shortly after 3:30 in reference to a house fire.
Responding personnel found flame burning the outside of the house near the electric meter, with the fire moving into the attic.
The fire was contained and extinguished in that area with the outside of the house receiving significant fire damage and the inside receiving minor fire, smoke and water damage.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
The third fire happened yesterday (Monday) on the Fourth of July in the area of the railroad tracks between Morris Street and Kentucky just after 2pm.
Responding personnel found a wooded area, close to what appeared to be a campsite, burning.
The fire was put out.
According to Mexico Public Safety it appeared a campfire had been left unattended and spread.
A fourth fire happened last night (Monday) just before midnight in the 1300 block of West Breckenridge.
Responding personnel found a large dumpster with a significant amount of flame coming from it.
The fire was put out with no personal property damaged.
The fire was apparently caused by fireworks.
There were no injuries from any of the incidents.
More In Audrain County
- Mizzou Urgent Care Clinic in Mexico to Open Next TuesdayMizzou Urgent Care Clinic in Mexico to Open Next Tuesday…Continue Reading
- Tri-County Care Center to SurviveTri-County Care Center to Survive In a follow-up to a…Continue Reading
- COVID Cases Show Recent Rise in Boone County, Audrain SteadyCOVID Cases Show Recent Rise in Boone County, Audrain Steady…Continue Reading
- Brian Pursiful of Veteran’s Assistance League Announces Donation of New Accessible Golf Cart for Missouri Veterans HomeBrian Pursiful of Veteran’s Assistance League Announces Donation of New…Continue Reading
- Temporary Speed Limit Changes on Highway KK to be Enforced Until Repairs MadeTemporary Speed Limit Changes on Highway KK to be Enforced…Continue Reading
- Tri-County Care Center in Vandalia Faces Imminent ClosureTri-County Care Center in Vandalia Faces Imminent Closure Tri-County Care…Continue Reading
Most Recent News
- KWWR Sports Report 8/12/22KWWR Sports Report 8/12/22 The Cardinals host the Brewers tonight…Continue Reading
- Jefferson City Ramp Work Could Affect Commute TimeJefferson City Ramp Work Could Affect Commute Time MoDOT is…Continue Reading
- Jefferson City Man Seriously Wounded After Shooting During Domestic DisputeJefferson City Man Seriously Wounded After Shooting During Domestic Dispute…Continue Reading
- US Cellular Offers Fun Funding to Local K-12 Non-Profit and Athletic GroupsUS Cellular Offers Fun Funding to Local K-12 Non-Profit and…Continue Reading
- Boone County 911 Response May Be Slower Than ExpectedBoone County 911 Response May Be Slower Than Expected Staffing…Continue Reading
- Mizzou Researchers Say COVID Shots Likely to Become Annual EventMizzou Researchers Say COVID Shots Likely to Become Annual Event…Continue Reading
- KWWR Sports Report 8/11/22KWWR Sports Report 8/11/22 St. Louis faces Colorado again this…Continue Reading
- Walk-in Vaccination Clinic at Progressive Missionary Baptist Church this WeekendWalk-in Vaccination Clinic at Progressive Missionary Baptist Church this Weekend…Continue Reading