Audrain County Health Department Partners With Mexico-Audrain County Library For Read Healthy, Get Healthy Program
The Audrain County Health Department is partnering with the Mexico-Audrain County Library system to promote a healthier lifestyle for Audrain County residents.
The Audrain County Health Department has donated 10 books dedicated to health to help kick-start the Read Healthy, Get Healthy, program.
The books donated by the health department range from subjects such as diabetes control, obesity, and mental health.
The list of books are as follows:
- Why We Get Fat and What to Do About It
- The Case Against Sugar
- The Hacking of the American Mind: The Science Behind the Corporate Takeover of Our Bodies and Brains
- The Diabetes Code: Prevent and Reverse Type 2 Diabetes Naturally
- Soap and Water and Common Sense: The Definitive Guide to Viruses, Bacteria, Parasites and Disease
- Vax-Unvax: Let the Science Speak (Children’s Health Defense)
- Unlock Your Health: Live Your Best Life
- A Teen’s Guide to Gut Health: The Low-FODMAP Way to Tame IBS, Crohn’s, Colitis, and Other Digestive Disorders
- 10 Minutes to Feel Less Anxious: How To Be Proactive With Your Mental Health and Anxiety
The books are currently available for checkout to library patrons.
For more information on this program and others, contact the Audrain County Health Department at 573-581-1332 or, online at myachd.org.
While the Audrain County Health Department is pleased to present these books as a supplement to a resident’s health journey, it does not mean the ACHD endorses the complete ideas some of the books may present.
As always, please consult your medical professional if any of the ideas presented prompts you to want to make changes to your lifestyle due to those ideas.
This is to make sure the ideas will not be detrimental to your overall health journey.
More In Audrain County
- Mexico/Fulton Hospitals Bankruptcy Hearing UpdateMexico/Fulton Hospitals Bankruptcy Hearing Update Ziva Medical will have to…Continue Reading
- Audrain County Healthcare Market Assessment and Needs Study Results Shared During Public Meeting in MexicoAudrain County Healthcare Market Assessment and Needs Study Results Shared…Continue Reading
- Mexico Public Safety Arrests Convicted MurdererMexico Public Safety Arrests Convicted Murderer Mexico Public Safety reports…Continue Reading
- Public Meeting for Results of Audrain County Health Care Study to be Held at Audrain County CourthousePublic Meeting for Results of Audrain County Health Care Study…Continue Reading
- Mexico License Bureau Has New OperatorMexico License Bureau Has New Operator The Mexico Licensing Office…Continue Reading
- Audrain County Man Found Guilty of Child Sex Crimes in Federal Court TrialAudrain County Man Found Guilty of Child Sex Crimes in…Continue Reading
Most Recent News
- KWWR Sports Report 9/29/23KWWR Sports Report 9/29/23 The Mexico Bulldogs will be in…Continue Reading
- Fluid Power Support in Mexico Recognized for Strengthening Missouri’s EconomyFluid Power Support in Mexico Recognized for Strengthening Missouri’s Economy…Continue Reading
- Goal of Lower Wait Times at Department of Motor VehiclesGoal of Lower Wait Times at Department of Motor Vehicles…Continue Reading
- KWWR Sports Report 9/27/23KWWR Sports Report 9/27/23 The Mexico High School Girls Tennis…Continue Reading
- Fulton Man Arrested for Possession of Child PornographyFulton Man Arrested for Possession of Child Pornography The Missouri…Continue Reading
- Mexico Teen Accused of DWI After Leading Callaway County Deputies On High-Speed ChaseMexico Teen Accused of DWI After Leading Callaway County Deputies…Continue Reading
- Community R-VI Lady Trojans Softball Clinch Conference Championship With Win at CairoCommunity R-VI Lady Trojans Softball Clinch Conference Championship With Win…Continue Reading
- Mexico Lady Bulldogs Softball Wins Thriller Over KirksvilleMexico Lady Bulldogs Softball Wins Thriller Over Kirksville The Mexico…Continue Reading